Buy your Workswell Radiometric Thermal Imaging Camera from Rise Above in Sydney, and have confidence that you are dealing with Australia's UAV experts. We have a team of technicians who can handle most warranty issues locally, as well as repairs, maintenance and upgrades. For more info, click here
The Most Advanced Thermal System for UAV. More than just a sensor.
Workswell WIRIS (2nd Gen) thermal imaging system for unmanned aircraft is a compact system that combines thermal camera, a digital camera and a control unit in one case.
Workswell WIRIS is not just another device that can be attached to your drone. Workswell WIRIS is equipment which provides your drone with endless new uses and for many companies is the exact reason why they should acquire a drone! We offer our clients complete sets, including ready to fly drones.
Workswell WIRIS 2nd gen: New features for 2017
The second generation of Workswell WIRIS contains a lot of new functions and features:
- CAN bus
- Optional high temperature filter, now you can measure up to 1500 °C (optional extra)
- faster 10 Hz GPS with jack connector (optional extra)
- new TIFF format for images
- device control or video streaming via TCP/IP
- real time clock is now more accurate
- digital outputs for autopilot confirmation and GPS synchronisation
- integrated power supply 5 V for RC transmitters
- 4 mouting holes for easier mounting
- Due to this, currently 7 digital PWM inputs are now available (the 8th digital input is used for SBus).
- Workswell WIRIS thermal imaging system
- Your chosen lens
- Calibration certificate
- USB Flash drive 32Gb
- HDMI cable
- Servo connectors (PWM)
- Power supply cable
- Software “Workswell CorePlayer” licence
- Hard transport case
WIRIS thermal applications
- Solar Inspections
- Security and rescue
- Pipeline inspection
- Roof inspections
- High voltage
- Building diagnostics
- Water Stress Detection
- and much more
Control with your standard RC controller
Workswell WIRIS is a revolutionary thermal imaging system primarily due to its possibility of full control in real time during the flight via a standard RC controller.
Fully radiometrics and temperature measurement
Remotely, it is possible to view and store fully radiometric and calibrated image data (images and video) – ie. records that retain all the information about the capturing parameters, which can be subsequently fully processed in the supplied software.
If the task is to measure distant objects, then you will appreciate the digital zoom option. In the case of a digital camera, a zoom of up to 16x is available; in the case of a thermal camera then up to 14x (with the resolution 640×512).
Photogrammetry and 3D models
Images captured by the system are fully radiometric and contain information about GPS coordinates in the EXIF metadata of the files. Such images can be subsequently used to create a 3D model – with the aid of a specialized software (for instance Pix4D).
It is possible to work with the produced images on a PC. It is possible to modify all parameters and change accessible setting. It is possible to insert into the image, further measuring functions (temperature in the point, minimum and maximum in any area, thermal profile, etc.) and many other functions and features.
You can link the image temperature data with the value from an external GPS receiver (optional, not included). GPS data is saved into the EXIF part of the JPEG file and is available for use.
HDMI Wireless transfer
The video output for the WIRIS system is standard HDMI. When using for instance Connex the wireless transfer of an image up to the distance of 1 km is possible! On the standard screen on the control unit you can view the video output as well as all menus and the other system functions.
Each Workswell WIRIS thermal imaging system is shipped fully calibrated and comes with a calibration certificate. The measurement precision of each WIRIS system is tested using reference black body sources over the whole range of measured temperatures.
Modes and alarms
Standard Infrared image
Standard mode allows users to set different color palettes, maximum and minimum temperature analysis, set automatic or manual temperature range and displays all the data on the operator’s controller on the ground.
Alarm (security) mode
Alarm mode allows users to set a temperature limit and see (find) only objects (places) with higher or lower temperature than is set, eventually temperatures between or above and below two limit values. This is the key mode for security and industrial applications. Maximum and minimum analysis is also available in this mode.
Digital camera mode
Digital camera mode allows the operator to see the area in the visible spectrum. Parallel view of digital camera enables better orientation in space and user can easy guide the drone above the desired location.
Why is this camera better than any other system available on the market?
- WIRIS camera is temperature calibrated, which is necessary. Without calibration, you cannot measure correct temperatures.
- You can control all camera functions via your RC controller, plus you can switch between both daylight and thermal cameras.
- You have MAX and MIN temperature analysis - the camera system will automatically find the hot spots or coldest spots.
- Zoom up to 14x - Continuous Zooming
- Integrated digital (visible) camera
- You can set a temperature range. Without this, a thermal camera is just an infrared sensor. Without this, it will be difficult to make any analysis for industrial or security applications.
- Temperature alarm sensor security for finding people or animals, or for industrial hotspots.
- Up to 8 digital inputs for complete control of the system including quick buttons on your RC controller (only 2 inputs needed for whole control of the system)
- Periodical storage of infrared and digital images.
- Automatic calibration during flight (adjustable according to the application)
- GPS and Mavlink compatible
- GPS Position saved in image data.
- Radiometric imagery and radiometric video for complete analysis during flight.
- 3D mapping is compatible with most applications worldwide.
- Digital output (compatible with DJI Lightbridge or Connex) or also possible to use analogue convertors