Parrot Sequoia Multispectral Camera for NDVI Crop Monitoring
Notify me when back in stock
Key Features of Sequoia:
- Multispectral camera for agriculture
- Self-calibrated using the Sunshine sensor
- RGB camera 16 Mpx for scouting
- High photo rate (1 picture per second)
- Independent from the drone
- Standard protocol (PTP) for communication with drones
- USB powered
- Identify problem areas in a field that need attention and further scouting.
- Refine fertilization by detecting nutrient deficiencies symptoms.
- Optimize pesticide input through early detection of biotic stress.
- Control crop irrigation by identifying areas where water stress is suspected.
- Estimate crop yield by processing and exploiting agronomic indices.
Sequoia NDVI Camera considerationsBy: Marcus on 30 October 2017The cable connectors on the Sequoia camera are very delicate but the supplied cables are very stiff due to the braided metal shielding. Through constantly attaching and removing the camera and sun sensor from a UAV, the connectors on the camera and sensor can develop connection problems. This could be alleviated by either more robust connectors or more flexible cables. Also, there is a problem making a wifi connection to the Sequoia camera when the controller of the P4 Pro is turned on. Turning the camera on or making changes to the setting needs to be dune before the P4 Pro controller is turned on.