Parrot Sequoia+ Multispectral Camera for NDVI Crop Monitoring(1)
Parrot Sequoia+ is the first multispectral camera to provide absolute reflectance measurements without reflectance targets.
Thanks to Pix4D’s radiometric processing pipeline, Parrot Sequoia+ allows for a more consistent evaluation of collected data and improves the user experience by removing the need for a reflectance target.
The full radiometric calibration is automatic when processing the data using Pix4D software (Pix4Dfields and Pix4Dmapper).
Key Features of Sequoia:
- Multispectral camera for agriculture
- Self-calibrated using the Sunshine sensor
- RGB camera 16 Mpx for scouting
- High photo rate (1 picture per second)
- Independent from the drone
- Standard protocol (PTP) for communication with drones
- USB powered
- Identify problem areas in a field that need attention and further scouting.
- Refine fertilization by detecting nutrient deficiencies symptoms.
- Optimize pesticide input through early detection of biotic stress.
- Control crop irrigation by identifying areas where water stress is suspected.
- Estimate crop yield by processing and exploiting agronomic indices.
Further Information regarding Multi-spectral technology can be found here https://www.riseabove.com.au/page/ndvi/
To see the differences between the Multi-spectral cameras we have on offer check out this link https://www.riseabove.com.au/page/ndvi-sensors/
Sequoia NDVI Camera considerations30 October 2017The cable connectors on the Sequoia camera are very delicate but the supplied cables are very stiff due to the braided metal shielding. Through constantly attaching and removing the camera and sun sensor from a UAV, the connectors on the camera and sensor can develop connection problems. This could be alleviated by either more robust connectors or more flexible cables. Also, there is a problem making a wifi connection to the Sequoia camera when the controller of the P4 Pro is turned on. Turning the camera on or making changes to the setting needs to be dune before the P4 Pro controller is turned on.