Rise Above is the Premier MicaSense partner in Australia. Buy your MicaSense RedEdge-M from Rise Above, and have confidence that you are dealing with Australia's UAV experts. We always offer Australia's best prices and support. We have a team of technicians who can handle most warranty issues locally, as well as repairs, maintenance and upgrades. For more info, click here
The RedEdge-M is a rugged, built-to-last, professional multispectral sensor. Capturing not only the spectral bands required for basic crop health indexes, but also additional bands to power further analytics, this sensor is a multispectral powerhouse—and one of the most flexible solutions on the market. It gives you optimized GSD (resolution), a downwelling light sensor, a low power requirement, a global shutter for distortion-free images, RGB color composite (through the use of Red, Green, Blue bands), GigE Ethernet connectivity for faster data transfer, removable Wi-Fi attachments, and the freedom of platform-agnostic data and integration. All in a compact size and low weight that allow it to be used with a wide variety of unmanned aircraft systems.
- NEW A smaller form factor to allow for integration with as many drone platforms as possible.
- NEW Expanded voltage range to handle more integrations without a voltage converter.
- NEW GigE Ethernet connectivity allowing for faster communication between the sensor and autopilot.
- Simultaneous capture of five discrete spectral bands, including RGB color (Red, Blue, Green, Red Edge, Near Infrared).
- Global shutter design for distortion-free results on every platform.
- Calibrated for precise, repeatable measurements.
- Includes Calibrated Reflectance Panel and Downwelling Light Sensor.
- Standalone operation, with optional external trigger and data from host aircraft.
- Rugged design with no moving parts.
- Option for Ethernet or serial connectivity with host aircraft for full configuration, status, and control of the camera.
Included in the package:
- RedEdge-M Multispectral Camera
- Downwelling Light Sensor (DLS)
- Calibrated Reflectance Panel
- Necessary cables
- Reusable carrying case with removable foam inserts
Frequently Asked Questions - RedEdge-M
What is the advantage of RedEdge-M over Sequoia?
- More bands. RedEdge-M has a fifth blue band, which Sequoia does not. This gives the capability to generate an RGB layer. It is also useful for doing colour differentiation - useful when certain diseases cause the leaves to turn a purple/grey colour.
- Lower heat generation. RedEdge-M is designed for low power consumption and resists overheating, even at the hottest part of the day.
- Wi-Fi flexibility, which the removable Wi-Fi attachment provides.
- Higher spatial resolution. Just like RedEdge, RedEdge-M has a higher resolution than Sequoia.
What are the new features of RedEdge-M?
- Smaller size. RedEdge-M is about 3 cm shorter (length-wise) than RedEdge, making it more compact - better for integration on a variety of UAVs.
- GigE Ethernet connectivity. If the aircraft has Ethernet capabilities, you can now quickly transfer data from camera to autopilot at speeds of up to 1 gigabyte.
- Removable Wi-Fi attachments. On some drones, Wi-Fi can get in the way. If that’s the case for a certain drone, you can remove the Wi-Fi module on RedEdge-M and connect to the Ethernet instead.
- Expanded voltage range to handle more integrations without extra power conversion. The benefit here is that you can avoid using a BEC in most cases, and could connect the camera directly to the aircraft battery.
- Lower cost. The improvements in RedEdge-M have allowed us to lower the cost.
Which UAVs/Drones will work with RedEdge-M?
RedEdge-M can be used on a variety of UAVs. We will be offering a kit for integration on to the DJI Matrice 100. We expect the DJI Matrice 200 to be a popular next choice. The compact size of RedEdge-M will make it an easier payload option for fixed-wing UAVs as well. We will know more about options once our integration partners have a chance to develop mounting kits.
Further Information regarding Multi-spectral technology can be found here https://www.riseabove.com.au/page/ndvi/
To see the differences between the Multi-spectral cameras we have on offer check out this link https://www.riseabove.com.au/page/ndvi-sensors/