Buy your KLAU PPK GNSS SYSTEM FOR MATRICE 200/210 AND INSPIRE 2 from Rise Above in Sydney, and have confidence that you are dealing with Australia's UAV experts. We always offer Australia's best prices and support. For more info, click
Special-order. Lead time: 2-3 weeks from order
Klau PPK GNSS GPS System for UAV/Drone Mapping
Everything you need for your DJI Matrice 200 to capture high accuracy (3cm) data and produce mapping of the highest possible absolute accuracy.
- KlauPPK Positioning system with antenna and power supply.
- Mounting kit for DJI M200. Easy to install.
- Modified and calibrated DJI Zenmuse X4s camera.
- KlauPPK software
- Support to get you up and running with installation, operations, PPK data processing and photogrammetry processing.
Camera Positioning System
The Klau Geomatics Direct Geo-referencing System is a synergy of hardware, software and methodology to seamlessly integrate into your existing UAV or manned aerial mapping and inspection operations, adding an unprecedented level of accuracy, reliability and efficiency.
The key to accuracy in any mapping or 3D modelling project is control. This can be either GCPs (ground control points) visible in the photos, or camera locations, the precise point where each photo was taken.
Enabling your mapping data acquisition with accurate camera locations will reduce or eliminate the need for GCPs, saving on ground survey crew time and cost while increasing accuracy and reliability.
Currently, typical mapping UAVs rely on either placing ground targets (GCPs) or implementing real time kinematic (RTK) GPS solutions to capture camera positions.
Placing GCPs (ground targets) is time-consuming, expensive and not effective for large projects which need many ground targets to produce accurate mapping results. This can often take much more time than the aerial data acquisition. GCPs must be distributed across the project area, which can be a slow or sometimes impossible task. Smart GCPs require time again to travel the site to recover the GCPs. The accuracy of the project is dependent on distance from the GCPs and can deteriorate particularly with low-quality non-metric cameras in UAVs. Photogrammetry processing time is longer with GCPs as they must be selected in the photos and the software works harder to determine the camera positions.
Using the position of the camera at each photo event is a more efficient alternative to placing GCPs, and can be done with either RTK or PPK positioning on the UAV.
Positioning the camera with RTK requires a stable radio link to receive base station data. Loss of correction data, particularly due to the UAV flight dynamics, signal obstructions or long distance result in loss of initialization and poor data. RTK limits the range of an operation and results in a smaller percentage of reliable camera positions being determined.
PPK (post-processed kinematic) is a better alternative to RTK for direct georeferencing, where data is logged in the UAV and processed with base station data after the flight. As this solution does not require a radio link, it offers greater flexibility in operations, longer range from base, is more reliable, more accurate and easier to use.
PPK offers the best quality and reliability of results and does not require the placing of ground targets across the project area.
How It Works
A plug and play PPK (post-processed kinematic) Direct Geo-referencing System that integrates with most cameras on most UAVs or manned aircraft.
Your UAV will operate as it does now, with onboard flight control using the existing autonomous GPS.
The system hardware logs camera events with precise carrier phase GNSS data to provide highly accurate camera positions.
A simple procedure to capture a couple of camera calibration marks will enable lens errors to be managed.
The logged data is processed after the flight with base station data from a survey grade GNSS unit or local CORS station. A base receiver can be supplied if required.
The Klau Geomatics Direct Geo-referencing Software offers simple yet sophisticated post-processing. You will have high-precision camera coordinates, tagged to the photos, with lens calibration data to input into your photogrammetry software. With centimetre level camera positions, the mapping and modelling you produce will have the highest possible 3D accuracy.
Camera signal capture is achieved from most cameras:
- Aerial cameras such as Phase One and Hasselblad
- Any DSLR camera
- Light cameras with a flash hotshoe or output
- Light cameras with no flash output (requires camera modification)
- DJI cameras, X3 and X5
- Micasense RedEdge multispectral
- other cameras, thermal, multispectral, LiDAR
- Compatible with manned and unmanned aircraft. Plug and Play installation kits available for most UAVs.
- Manned aircraft, fixed wing and helicopter
- DJI M100, M600 with installation kit
- Multirotor UAVs, typically larger than Phantom or Solo, with any flight controller
- Installation kits for Falcon 8, Microdrone and others
- Fixed wing UAVs, Mavinci Sirius, Event38 and other custom systems
- Custom installation on your drone
- Handheld gimbal integration….. that’s right, you don’t even need a drone!
PPK Processing Software
- Dedicated, custom developed software for PPK post processing and extracting photo centres from post-processed data.
- Rigorous GNSS processing of each photo location
- Export coordinates or write to EXIF
- Supports custom coordinate systems and geoids
- Simple methodology to calibrate the camera
- Software supplied free with hardware.
Process your photogrammetry as you normally would with the software of your choice. Import the results from your PPK processing as a table of precise camera coordinates or the photos with the coordinates written to EXIF.
Soon to be integrated into a streamlined cloud photogrammetry processing service via 4DMapper.
Just released! Klau Geomatics PPK pre-processing is now built into Eos Systems Inc. for a streamlined end to end workflow. Eos and Klau Geomatics are currently offering a bundled hardware/desktop software solution. Contact us for details.
Help other Rise Above users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.