Please note: Lead times may take 10-14 weeks.
Buy your Dronexpert 3-in-1 Quick Release Thermal IR Infrared Gimbal + FLIR Camera from Rise Above in Sydney, and have confidence that you are dealing with Australia's UAV experts. We always offer Australia's best prices, but if you find a lower price elsewhere, we will do our best to match it! We have a team of technicians who can handle most warranty issues locally, as well as repairs, maintenance and upgrades. For more info, click here
Rise Above is the official authorised Australian dealer for DRONExpert.nl products, with full service and support available for all products. We are also FLIR's distributor for Tau2, Vue, and Vue Pro thermal cameras in Oceania and Asia-Pacific regions.
Please note: This item is made to order, with a lead time of 6-12 weeks.
Rise Above proudly present the new professional 3-in-1 thermal FLIR thermal gimbal with advanced LCD control unit. It is the most advanced and professional thermal gimbal at this moment.
Benefits of the new 3-in-1 quickrelease thermal gimbal:
- Advanced separate remote control of the FLIR camera, remotely control: tilting, palettes, digital zoom, camera settings, playback, radiometric isotherm and delta-t. This settings can be adjusted while the UAV is UAV in the air (tested till 1000 meter)
- Use the thermal gimbal on your UAV, handheld and photo pole (ideal for inspection on locations where permit cannot be obtained)
- It operates standalone, therefore it can also easily be rebuild to any other carrier (which can carry payload of 260g). It's very likely that within several months, new drones will be released with better flight time, better specifications than the drones we have acces to nowadays. It will be good to know that your investment of a thermal setup can be easely re-installed on future drone models.
- Simultaneously daylight and thermal view
- Not vulnerable for firmware updates; Since it operates standalone, it cannot be influenced by any firmware update on the UAV.
With the same powerful thermal imaging core used in the most popular cameras in the world, FLIR gives the same performance for a ground breaking low price, making it perfect for applications like:
– Search and rescue
– Coast guard
– Roof inspections
– Power line inspections
– Substation inspections
– Cell tower inspections
– And anything else you can dream up
The 3-in-1 thermal gimbal is compatible with:
– FLIR VUE (not radiometric)
– FLIR VUE Pro (not radiometric)
– FLIR VUE Pro R (radiometric)
– FLIR TAU2 (radiometric)
The gimbal package contains:
– 3 axis thermal gimbal
– Included standalone video transmission (5.8Ghz)
– 7″ LCD diversity 5.8Ghz receiver
– Advanced LCD touch controller (for remote controlling the thermal camera)
– Flight protective carry case
– Flir thermal camera (lens of choice, lens options >25mm may be extra)
– DVR recorder installed on gimbal
Thermal storage option:
We have several options for thermal recording:
> DVR recorder installed on gimbal: This is an standard DVR recorder with LCD screen installed on the Gimbal side for recording the thermal video. Available for VUE and TAU2.
> SD Pro capture module: This is the SD capture module which originally comes from the VUE Pro, we can install this unit onto the TAU2. It records video and images. The captured images are radiometric, so can be used for afterwards analyzing.
> Teax thermal capture module: For high-end applications where RAW thermal capture is required. The Teax thermal capture module records 9hz video for afterwards thermal analyzing.
Q: What is the main difference between the FLIR TAU2 and FLIR VUE camera:
A: The cameras have some differences, but the biggest difference is that the TAU2 is radiometric (14 bit), and therefore DRONExpert is able to remotely control the isotherm and delta-t. On the VUE camera you can control the tilt, palettes and digital zoom, on the TAU2 you can control the tilt, palettes, digital zoom, isotherm and delta-t. In most professional applications this might be needed.
Q:What can you do with radiometric Isotherm and Delta-t:
A: Delta-t and Isotherm is a good feature to have within professional application. This is best explained with an example: when you do ësearch and rescueí (SAR human detection) you can set the Isotherm on (for example) 36 degree and set delta-t on 1 degree. Temperatures on 36 degree will be highlighted very strong descending to 35 and 37 (1 degree Delta-t), so 35 degree will be little less highlighted then 36 degree. This way you can specify an window temperature which make spotting this temp easier.